The mission of Sandwich Public Schools Mathematics Department is to ensure high-quality, rigorous, standards-based instruction at all levels, PreK - 12. It is our goal to provide experiences that promote high achievement and proficiency in mathematics for all students, allowing them to attain problem solving and critical thinking skills in preparation for future academic and career paths.
The Massachusetts Curriculum Framework for Mathematics builds upon the Common Core State Standards for Mathematics. The Sandwich Public Schools is committed to developing the following mathematical practices which underlie the content standards, in all our students:
- Make sense of problems and persevere in solving them.
- Reason abstractly and quantitatively.
- Construct viable arguments and critique the reasoning of others.
- Model with mathematics.
- Use appropriate tools strategically.
- Attend to precision.
- Look for and make sue of structure.
- Look for and express regularity in repeated reasoning.
Parent Roadmaps are available in for grades K-12, and provide a clear overview of the Common Core State Standards by grade level.