Click Here for: PTSA Latest NEWS Updates
Welcome to the STEM/SHS PTSA Webpage!
We hope you find this information helpful. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to any of us with questions, ideas, and/or feedback.
Our Mission Statement:
Please enroll in the Stop & Shop number A+ Rewards Program using this link and help generate operating revenue for the PTSA: https://stopandshop.com/school-rewards/
2017-2018 PTSA Highlights
FOR STEM STUDENTS:
▪ 7 th & 8th Grade Back-to-School Bowling Socials at The Lanes
▪ Three After-school Snack Shacks: Halloween, Winter Olympics and A Taste of Summer
▪ “Star Wars” & “A Wrinkle In Time” Movie Nights
▪ Minute-to-Win-It Games, Giant Checkers, Connect Four, Tic Tac Toe & Kerplunk at STEM Dances
FOR SHS STUDENTS:
▪ Granted $500 each to the Freshman & Sophomore Class to create a community-building/fundraising event. The Class Officers all worked together and created a very successful Spring Dance for their classmates in grades 9-12.
▪ Expanded PTSA Senior Scholarship Program from one $1,000 scholarship to three $1,000 scholarships. The winners are Priyadarshani Bajracharya, Sabrina Gonzalez, and Greg Hofmann. Heartfelt congratulations!
▪ Our dedicated, amazing After Prom Committee planned, fundraised, and hosted a phenomenal After Prom. They also planned and hosted a very entertaining “Knight of Comedy.” You may recall a Nor’Easter blew threw at the same time, but the Committee prevailed and everyone enjoyed some much needed laughter that night.
▪ Hosted Senior Breakfast on Graduation Day.
▪ The PTSA acknowledges & thanks our Sophomore Mentors who assisted us at the STEM After-School Snack Shacks & our Sophomore Mentors and National Honor Society members who ran games at the STEM Dances. FOR STEM PARENTS:
▪ Continued Team Parent Communication Program & maintained STEM Parents Group Facebook Page
▪ Three Parent Forums: Navigating Organization, The Secret Lives of Teens, & The Truth About Vaping
▪ 4 th Annual Teamwork Trivia Night
FOR SHS PARENTS:
▪ Continued PTSA Email Communication Program & maintained Sandwich High PTSA Facebook Page.
▪ Provided coffee & refreshments for SHS Guidance Department Coffee Hours for parents of each Class.
▪ Hosted guest speakers for two Parent Forums: The Secret Lives of Teens & The Truth About Vaping.
FOR STEM & SHS FACULTY & STAFF:
▪ Three Breakfasts: Back-to-School, Happy New Year, & Annual Teacher Appreciation ▪ “Proud to Be Blue” Recyclable Tote Bag – coordinated with Elementary PTA
▪ Coffee & Tea Bar at Fall and Spring Parent/Teacher Conferences
▪ Thanksgiving Pie/Dessert Sale and Holiday Cookie Stroll hosted by After Prom Committee, so faculty and staff could save time baking yet still serve homemade baked goods.
FOR OUR COMMUNITY:
▪ Two cars at Sandwich Police Department “Trunk or Treat”
▪ Partnered with Heritage Museums & Gardens to expand Halloween Festival adding a variety of games, face painting, Fortune Teller, Haunted Maze, Scavenger Hunt, Cake Walk, & Sandwich Soul’s Thriller performance.
▪ Organized food collection at STEM Semi-Formal Dance and SHS Spring Dance to support Sandwich Family Partnership’s “Savor the Summer Program” and made a monetary donation.
In addition to the above, we also set aside money for 7th & 8th grade grants and provided financial support to the Media Studio & Production Program, Fall & Spring Art Shows (art supply raffles & refreshments), International Studies Model UN Club, STEM Garden Shed, National Jr. Honor Society, STEM Career Exploration & Discovery Day Guest Speaker Hospitality, STEM Clean Energy Festival, ROV/MATE Hospitality, Hometown High School Day, and 8th Grade Canobie Lakes Trip Meal Vouchers.
THANK YOU ONE AND ALL!